The turkey is a staple part of Thanksgiving as well as an autumn décor piece. Why is the turkey so important? Lots of people assume it was because of the first ever thanksgiving dinner and that turkey was served at it. However, there was no turkey served. Venison was the meal of choice. The real reason why the turkey became important around thanksgiving was because in the early 1900s (40-50 years after Abraham Lincoln proclaimed a national Thanksgiving Day) when the holiday became popular, a newspaper put out that Turkey, cornbread and stuffing was the dinner of choice for the new holiday and as such, this was adopted by the everyday family and taught to immigrants as a way to Americanize new people living in America. Who would have thought that a turkey was ever used for government propaganda?
[Included in listing]
• One handcrafted turkey sculpture
• Handcrafted out of sturdy recycled material
• Designed, crafted and created by Artisan with professional materials
• Turkey Size: approx. ___inches wide x ___ inches high x ____ inches deep
• Dust gently with feather duster.
• Do not place near water
• Do not place near open flame
This handcrafted turkey will make an awesome conversational piece when you serve something other than turkey at your dinner this year and explain the reasoning.
- Handmade item
- Materials: Recycled cardboard, Certified non toxic acrylic paint, Certified non toxic glue
- Gift message available